Thursday 10 June 2010

AND SO IT BEGINS ....

The journey has started. Acquire and assemble a series of components which will play music to a level of enjoyment and emotional engagement that matches, or better still supercedes, my last Hifi system that I owned 20 years ago as a young lad.

That system started like this in 1986. A vintage Linn LP12, Basik arm, Linn K9 cartridge, a Naim Nait 1 and a set of very bright Heybrook HB1s. Cut to summer 2010 and I figure that i'll start where I left of in familiar territory. I don't have much of an idea of what the world of Hifi has been doing all these years but I do remember really enjoying the old classic flat  earth Linn/Naim sound. The basik/nait/heybrook system eventually became Ekos/Troika/62/HiCap/140/SBL in 1991 before I sold the lot and went off to get a degree so around that sort of area seems a good staring point, maybe going one step or so better in every department just for the hell of it.

1 comment: